Thursday, July 16, 2009

Slow week at work


We Left with good intentions for lots of miles to put on before we went on holidays. Seems dispatching had other plans. Lets blame it on the economy. There were noloads going out so we came home. I guess it is better than sitting on the road.

Pulling the twin 53 foot trailers is sure a different way of doing trucking. We are only allowed in certain areas of the city and we also need a lot of room to turn.

I think the only problems we will have is dealing with the wind. No matter if we go east or west the wind is always coming from the front.

Going into truck stops with these things is also out of the question. It is a good thing we are self contained in the truck.

Well so much for the trucking thing for this week. Next week I will be helping on the Habitat for Humanity project. They say a change is as good as a rest so this will get me back to my construction days. I should have more to blog about next week as this is happening.

In the mean time I am going to try and post a picture of Ellie and my truck with the turnpikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment